All personal information is collected by Mapview Pty Ltd ACN 634 478 121 (“Company”, “we”, “us, or “our” and similar grammatical forms), via the Services and is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for the Services.
1) What is “personal information”?
a) The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2) What information do we collect?
We will indicate within the registration processes of our products and services and other registration forms what types of personal information are required and those that are requested. You may choose not to submit the requested information, but that may limit or prohibit the Services that we are able to provide to you.
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the Services. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include:
a) Data You Provide to Us
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle, and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, such as job title, educational and professional background and qualifications;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences.
b) Data from other sources
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and from other third parties, including:
- Social networks when you grant permission to the Services to access your data on one or more networks;
- Service providers that help us determine a location in order to customise certain products to your location;
- Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
- LinkedIn Account ID
- LinkedIn Account First Name
- LinkedIn Account Last Name
- LinkedIn Account Email
- Facebook User ID
- Facebook User First Name
- Facebook User Last Name
- Facebook User Email
- Google Account ID
- Google Account First Name
- Google Account Last Name
- Google Account Email
d) Data From Services Use, Including Cookies
The Services may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Services, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Services; and/or
- For location-aware Services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
3) How we collect your personal information
a) We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the Services.
b) We also collect cookies from your computer which enable us to tell when you use the Services and also to help customise your Service experience.
d) We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
4) Purpose of collection
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with the best experience possible on the Services.
a) Depending on how you interact with us and the Services, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Services;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Services working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Services and our other products, events, and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customised content and other personalisation to make the Services more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Services and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Services and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties such as sponsors;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to any Service agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
b) By using our Service, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us.We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
5) Sharing of Your Personal Information
a) We may share your personal information with our affiliates and with sponsors, joint venture entities and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, application host or publisher, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
d) The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions that you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
e) We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Mapview Pty Ltd, our users, employees or others;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- effect a corporate transaction such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company; and/or
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
6) Data Security
a) We consistently implement measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of the personal information we process.The purpose of these measures is to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of personal information.
7) Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions.
We may allow Registered Users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. Keeping such information up to date is the responsibility of the user. Registered Users may also contact us to access the information on their behalf or to close their Account directly by contacting us as set out below.
8) Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
9) Overseas transfer
a) Your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons.It may be stored and processed in Australia or another country where Mapview Pty Ltd, its affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
b) You consent to us transferring your personal information to overseas countries in the knowledge that if your personal information is mishandled in those jurisdictions, we disclaim responsibility and you will not have a remedy under Australian law.
10) European Union General Data Protection Regulation
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. The fact that you may be located in Europe does not, however, on its own entitle you to protection under the GDPR. Our Service does not specifically target customers located in the European Union and we do not monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union, and accordingly the GDPR does not apply.
11) How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on: email@example.com .
12) Requesting Deletion of Personal Information:
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information from our records. If you wish to exercise this right, please follow the steps below:
- Submit a Deletion Request: To request the deletion of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Deletion Request.” In the email, include your full name, contact information, and any relevant account details to help us locate your data in our systems.
- Verification Process: For security purposes, we may need to verify your identity before processing your deletion request. This verification process may involve confirming your email address, or other account-related information.
- Processing Time: We will make reasonable efforts to process your data deletion request within 30 business days from the date of receipt. Please note that certain legal obligations may require us to retain specific data for a defined period, even after your data deletion request has been fulfilled.
- Effect of Deletion: Once your personal information has been deleted, it will be removed from our active databases. However, residual copies of your information may remain in our backup systems for a limited time, primarily for disaster recovery and legal compliance purposes.
- Communication: After we have processed your data deletion request, we will notify you via email that your request has been completed.
Please note that while we strive to protect your privacy and promptly respond to data deletion requests, there may be instances where we are unable to fulfill your request due to legal obligations or other legitimate reasons. In such cases, we will inform you of the reasons for our decision.
If you have any questions or concerns about our data deletion process or our privacy practices, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.